DO YOU GARDEN? I am researching a book called "My Very First Garden" (about edible gardening... fruits, vegetables, herbs, etc.) and need your true stories! Do you have a good (or even bad!) memory about the first garden you ever did? Was it inside in pots, outside when you were a kid, or in a community garden? Did you harvest anything or did the rabbits get it all? Please submit your short but true story to vikkibooks at yahoo dot com by April 27 2010. Your submission implies your consent to use your story and the possibility of (minor) editing. Thanks!

Labor Ready Charges

I've used local Labor Ready offices for "muscle" when I have things to move, and am usually pretty satisfied with them. Sometimes, when more than one person is hired, they sometimes have personality differences that makes me intervene, but for the most part, they do the job pretty well.

As to the offices, they send paperwork with the workers for me to sign, giving a range of funds they can charge, in case it goes over. One particular office never seems to get the charges correct, and often 2, 3, and even 4 weeks later, they charge extra. Even tho I last used this office, Thornton, at the end of September, an additional charge just hit me, that put my account in the negative. Gee! Thanks for giving me the heads up and saying "Look, we didn't charge enough for service date whatever, and we need to charge an additional whatever on this date." Did we get this call? No! So, gee, thanks Labor Ready for putting my account in the negative, and charging whatever you feel like, whenever you feel like.

Per my phone call today, even tho I'm hoarse and very sick with the swine flu, I expect an accounting of the entire process in the mail as soon as possible. I think your office had already charged everything correctly, and you messed it up like you did about a year ago.

Note to people reading this: do NOT sign that "blanket" form that you don't get to keep a copy of, and if you choose to use Labor Ready, I suggest you request an invoice no later than a week after service date. Examine it. Make sure they don't overcharge.

0 comments:

Copyright (c) 2008-2010 VP Lawrence-Williams and Doug Williams - Please respect our art, words and images. You must gain permission to use any images, words or photos on this site. Contact us first. We will determine a usage fee if appropriate. Thank you.